The Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) is currently accepting applications from California rice producers for the Regional Conservation Partnership Program (RCPP). This is the continuation the National RCPP effort sponsored by Ducks Unlimited (DU) in partnership with the USA Rice Federation.
The Rice Stewardship Partnership RCPP seeks to provide financial and technical assistance opportunities to rice producers to help improve the efficiency of irrigation water use and minimize water quality impacts in California’s Central Valley, while also benefitting wildlife.
- CSP applications must be submitted to NRCS by Friday, March 2, 2018.
- EQIP applications must be submitted to NRCS by Friday, April 6, 2018.
If you are interested in learning more and possibly signing up for either of these programs we suggest going into your local NRCS Service Center to inquire. Going well ahead of the deadline is highly recommended. Alternatively, you can contact the following individuals for further information:
- Devin Blankenship, DU, at (916) 851-5311
- Dave Sanden, NRCS, at (530) 226-2581
- Alan Forkey, NRCS, at (530) 792-5653