Assembly Member James Gallagher at today’s event. Senator Jim Nielsen and Congressman Doug LaMalfa also participated.
There was a celebratory atmosphere in Maxwell this afternoon to mark significant progress in work to build Sites Reservoir.
Among the new developments:
- AB 2551 has been signed into law, which will speed construction and reduce cost for the project.
- New agencies have joined Sites, with 34 agencies now participating.
- Launch of the Sites information portal, including a new website, logo and social media outreach.
- The Sites Project has a new office in Maxwell.
- Proposition 1 regulations are progressing, and the Sites Project continues to make headway in fully developing and demonstrating public and environmental benefits.
We will continue to work with the Sites JPA, NCWA, water districts and other supporters to make Sites Reservoir a reality, to help the Sacramento Valley’s environment, cities and farms.