Please remember to complete the Farm Evaluation (FE) and Nitrogen Management Plan (NMP) by March 1. You will find the tool for reporting at calricenews.org. Click on WDR and then proceed by clicking on Start an Evaluation. You need the last seven digits of your pesticide permit number from the county agricultural commissioner’s office to proceed with your evaluation. The FE and the NMP are regulatory requirements through the Central Valley Water Board. Implementation is under the rice specific Waste Discharge Requirements (Rice WDR).
Currently, 68 of 1160 rice permit numbers have submitted the Farm Evaluation.
New for 2016:
- The NMP is added to the web-based template
- New design with onscreen pop-ups providing specific instructions
- Instruction pages are more accessible and printable
- We recommend you print and keep for reference while completing the FE and NMP
- Ability to edit your FE and NMP
You need to complete the FE before moving onto the NMP. Both will require reporting of your farming practices from the previous year. The current year NMP is your planning tool.