The Rice Waste Discharge Requirements (Rice WDR) Farm Evaluation (FE) and Nitrogen Management Plan (NMP) are now live on the CalRiceNews.org Website. Both the FE and NMP must be completed by 1 March.
New for 2016:
- The NMP is added to the web-based template
- New design with onscreen pop-ups providing specific instructions
- Instruction pages are more accessible and printable
- We recommend you print and keep for reference while completing the FE and NMP
- Ability to do unlimited editing until the FE and NMP site closes
Go to CalRiceNews.org:
- Click on WDR
- To complete the Farm Evaluation
- On the right side of the screen, Click on the Start an Evaluation button
- To complete the Nitrogen Management Plan
- On the right side of the screen, Click on the Start NMP button
- For both the FE and the NMP, enter the last seven digits of your pesticide use permit number (restricted materials permit or private applicator number in some counties)
Rice acreage in the Sacramento Valley has low vulnerability from nitrogen impacts to groundwater. As a result, rice has the most minimal requirement. Rice growers must provide a NMP if inspected. Therefore, the CRC developed a planning tool for growers to utilize.
You need to complete the FE before moving onto the NMP. Both will require reporting of your farming practices from the previous year. The current year NMP is your planning tool.